70 Mill Street.
This two storey lime stone building as constructed in 1935 to serve as the Georgetown Post Office. The building was commissioned by Public Works Canada. It stands on the site previously occupied by Georgetown Lumber Company's lumber yard. The land had to be leveled to facilitate the structure. The building was built by the local firm of Mackenzie & Son. It was one of the first buildings constructed once Mr. Sam Mackenzie began managing the firm. The post office was estimated to cost $50,000. Work began in May of 1935 and the building was officially opened by Dr. Anderson on January 30, 1936