Dominion Seed House
Dominion Seed House was founded by William Bradley on the edge of Georgetown, Ontario, in 1928. The business offered flowers and vegetables available in seeds, cutting, plants or bulbs, as well as gardening accessories. All new products were evaluated in trial sites and in the germination laboratory. Dominion Seed house became one of the largest mail order supplier of seeds and plants in Canada for commercial and home gardeners. After William Bradley died in November 1953, his daughter Margaret Bradley Harding became president of the company. The business was sold in 1993 and continues to operate. The Georgetown property was sold in 1998 for redevelopment and in 1999 the older building was demolished.