- If my memory is any good lol
- I went to elementary school with him. Found out when my daughter was in his Grade 5 class at Harrison.
- Remember him from Harrison PS when I was a lad. A stern, but fair man! All the best Mr. Bairstow!
- Bob Bairstow, a gentleman of good repute. My first meeting in 1981, or thereabouts. A little bit of business.
I was so impressed, that he talked me into, not persuaded, becoming a boy Scouts leader. He appealed to my sense of adventure, of learning and teaching, boys and myself, about the great outdoors, about camping and hiking, being active in Canada.
He reminded me that wearing bugspray was a good idea going into the bush for the first time in a long time. Keeping the tinder dry when planning to light a fire at first camp when it was absolutely pouring down.
But, moreso the rewards of being a volunteer. Sharing leadership, and having an activity you could explore and bond with, with you number one son.
Thanks for being a friend, Bob. For insight and wisdom, having respect for the environment, knowing how much you committed to teaching, not just the young, but also the old. May time be kind to you Bob. Salute.
- Thank you for the kind words Will. I became a Scouter as my way of paying back for the things Scouting had given to me. Your comments make me glad I did. YIS.
- Bob Bairstow Just, so you know Bob. Gary, at Bank of Mo.
- Funny story. At the time we scouted together your next door neighbors and two neighbors across the street worked with 4th Georgetown as well. Within the last few years three different people on McIntyre are now leaders at St. Andrews 4th Georgetown. The street breeds Scouters. LOL
- Always friendly and kind. Known Bob for 50 years. From George Kennedy to present.
- My favourite teacher ever
- Great guy to work with.
- He was my teacher in grade 5 and also taught my daughter. A wonderful teacher and a lovely man.
- Awesome teacher, I had him at George Kennedy !
- Wonderful man and he is the Raiders BIGGEST fan!!!!!!!!!
- Remember his first year coming to George Kennedy when he taught my sister Gwen. Later he became a neighbour on our crescent. Wonderful man. All the best to you!
- Taught with Bob for years. Great guy,was a pleasure to work with.
- Great teacher!
- yes he was one of my favorites
- mine too!
- he taught me too!
- I had him as a teacher in grade 5 at George Kennedy. Great teacher, nice man. Jacki McCartney
- You lived down the street from me on Raylawn.
- Yes I did. I remember passing your house on the way to the plaza.
I hope you’re doing well.🤗❤️
- If I wasn't doing well before this thread started I sure am now.
- Great man and friend to my Dad and Step Mom for years.
- Lived right across the street from us Really great person
- Great person and a great teacher.
- I remember Mr Bairstow!! Mist have been at Harrison PS I'm thinking!
-e he was my teacher one year!!!
· Reply · 8w · Edited
Bob Bairstow I taught Brinley Hole Are you related? I hope I didn't teach you. I'm embarrassed if I did. Coleen I taught both you and Scott.
· Reply · 8w
Lyndsey Hole Bob Bairstow Brinley is my Uncle! I am the same age as Colleen Schulze. You weren't my specific teacher but I do remember you!!! I always thought you were one of those friendly faces in the hallways 😊
- Loved Mr. Bairstow! My favorite teacher.
- Good man-taught us and lived around the corner from us.
-l A great teacher and neighbor.Always nice to hear his Raider updates here in Nova Scotia
- He still looks the same , he taught at George Kennedy when I was there , I had Miss Cole , Mrs Haskins , Miss Miller , can barely remember the names , any of my classmates help , Julie Millward ( my first girlfriend) she was like a foot taller
- best teacher I ever had ,also Mrs Patterson,Hazen Allen was principal and he was great too
- I had Mr. Bairstow in grade 5 at Harrison I really enjoyed his class. Great teacher!
- Bob Bairstow MR Bairstow the man the legend in the flesh well .... sort ve lol one of my most memorable teachers Harrison PS
- Great Scout master as well.
- He was my gr. 5 teacher ❤ at Harrison
- Sweet man and lovely teacher.
- one of my all time favourites!
- He does a great job now of keeping us ladies in line at Art in the Active Living Centre! Tough job!!!
- Bob is a great guy. Knew him as a kid in Long Branch. Used to deliver his father the newspaper. Great man..
- He was my very kind grade 4 teacher at Harrison Public School. I’d finished chemotherapy just before grade 4. I don’t think I spoke much.
- One of my favourites!
- Lived down the street best teacher
- Great teacher and friend!
- A great teacher! We had lunch years later at Zellers when we ran into each other.