- My parents lived next door to the Wards on McGilvray and I knew his wife Ada. Interesting fact about his role with Enigma, I never knew that.
- The Ward Family were very dear family friends. We kids have such warm memories of our visits with Norm and Ada. ❤️
- Norm Ward is my Dad. He didn’t talk much about the navy and it wasn’t until 50 years later that he even talked about what he did in the service and the enigma code. Years later he bought a ham radio and could still send Morse code 25 words a minute.
Miss you Dad 💕
- His licensed Amateur Radio call sign was VE3UMI .
- yes it was and we still have his licence plate with his call sign.
- A Great Man & A Great Legion Member
- In the September 1998 issue of the Halton Amateur Radio Club news letter I wrote "We have also lost members that became Silent Keys. Roger Heed VE3KVG / VA3HR
My close friend since High School and long time radio buddy. Harry Hoyle
VE3NOF My close friend and my inspiration on running for President. And most recently Norm Ward VE3UMI Norm had a lifelong interest in radio and earned his license later in life. Unfortunately he did not have long to enjoy his hobby due to illness.
These three guys were Hams. My definition of Ham is someone who spends much
of their free time playing radio and often sleeps with the radio on.
I will be listening for the signals from above. If there is a way to Ham from beyond these guys will find it. John VE3JAA"
- A true gentleman and I had the pleasure of knowing him ❤️
-I remember when they first came to Georgetown. A nice man and beautiful family
- Great man
- My dad he really was a gentleman and my mum Ada was a lady . Came to Canada in I believe in 1955 .
- Awe my grandpa. It’s almost 23 years he’s been gone. Miss him so much!!!
- Norm and Ada were family friends..they attended my wedding
- Worked with Norm at the post office. He would just shake his head at Bob Landry and my brother Rick àppleyard and my antics at work
-They were a wonderful couple. We knew them from growing up on McGilvray.
-I worked for a short time when Norm was at the Post Office found him to be a dedicated worker and great co worker. A very active Legion member :)
- Awe I just saw this now!!! My grandfather who I mis dearly but have the pleasure of seeing him live on in my son Braedon.. he is just as kind and as sweet as Norm .. true gentleman through and through