- Crazy Boat race!
- I would think the members of this group have many crazy boat pictures!
- I’m hoping. Lol.
- Those were the days my friend. I thought they would never end......
- Loved the crazy boat races. We would actually tube down the river for fun.
- how many years did it go and why was it stopped
- The Jaycees stopped sponsoring it I heard because their was so many cases of hypothermia in the final year and they were worried about getting sued.
- Let’s blame it on Georgetown South people. It was probably a safety issue
- Loved it! My brothers Greg, Peter and Gerry Nelissen would enter every year!
- Used to go every year growing up.
- Those were some crazy times!
- Many years later we still have crazy boat reunions with the crazies who did this for many years.....planning next one with a trip to Newfoundland in 2020 as we are now spread across Canada
- Fun day...in the water or out!
- Almost drowned
- Omg good ol' days
- it was always bad weather
- Mr. Lloyd the owner of DQ gave us $70 to build a big banana split boat in the early 80s.
- always but good times had by all great memories
- Those were the days!
- That was a vintage great boat!!!! I always wanted to do it but never did.
- My brothers and friends did that
- wow was that the crazy boat race in TC? Just loved those they were so crazy creative. there was a fabulous flintstone mobile one time. was the best times. Thank you so much for sharing!
- Such a great tradition - watched the end of the race for a number of years in my friend's backyard in Glen Williams - by that point it was often wreckage and random crew members floating by - only the best/strongest crazy boats survived. So much fun and somehow all lived to tell the tale!
- Does anybody remember what year this was ? Im pushing the Labatts boat
- That had to be in the 85-86 as that is our boat the labatts the one hand painted it in Norval, ran it for three years. you must remember burning it. Wow flashback
- Crazy boat races, remember them well
- I remember waiting at Papermill damn for the beer to come floating down that fell out of the boat
- I wish they still had them... those where the good old days 😍
- They sure were
- Great fun. Did matter if you where a participant or a spectator
- Wendy’s crew. I have a picture somewhere!
- Down the river then drinks at the Hollywood
- The Hollywood long gone now
- Crazy boat race, Gary Lloyd and Jim Taylor riding an old inner tube😂
- That pic shows the bridge and river banks lined with people and anyone who went in the race will tell you any bridge or river bank accessible from the road was the same way. Sometime 10-15 people deep. Everyone having fun together. It was THE BEST community event ever in those days. Boats would come from all around too.
- I entered the race several times with friends and was also sponsored
- Opps Sponsored by Starz Party Bar in Brampton, great memories with great friends.
Crazy Boat Races
Leave a Reply.
Comments on the photos are memories from the citizens of Georgetown taken from our Facebook Group