- You guys know what denomination this chuch was?
- It was always the library to me. Not that old that I saw it as a church - lol. It was Methodist.
- It was the Congregational Church. This was one of the denominations, along with the Methodists and some Presbyterians, that formed the United Church in 1926. So this church was no longer needed.
- spent a lot of time at that library
- Me too.
- It was Presbyterian during the fifties, I was christened there.
- Knox Presbyterian is next door.
- Funny to see the cars parked facing the wrong direction.
- I always thought what a great place for our library
- The Presbyterian Church can slightly be seen in the background. That is where brownies and guides were held in the sixties and seventies. Too young to answer about the fifties. lol Probably went to the library twice a week throughout childhood. Great memories.
- My favorite place to be as a child!
- It was my library in the 60's :-)
- Loved the library...became a teacher/librarian.
- Loved the library-lived down the street in 70's 80's
- Still love the libraries
- It was a Lovely Old Library. Loved the smell of the Books & the beautiful old floors that were very creaky.
- Remember going there after school alone.
- Relics from the past, now used for various things:
Parties 🎉 weddings 👰
- remember the "scent" of books when you walked in.
- you could go there and listen to records. You would have to use headphones they provided.
- Gosh I loved our library
- Thats awesome
Leave a Reply.
Comments on the photos are memories from the citizens of Georgetown taken from our Facebook Group