- Glen park during spring run off by the looks of it!!
- Pretty much every year this happened. We lived on Confederation St. for a few years, and we'd have water right up to our front door (we were on the opposite side of the street, so I can imagine what the ones across from us had in their back yards)!! Back then, it was just part of "living in the Glen"!
- Bonnie, i can't say it enough, thank-you for the wonderful memories you post in pics. It means so much and is so enjoyable for people like me that grew up in Georgetown🙂
- I believe that’s Davidson’s old barn ?
- yes it is
- Keep up the great work Bonnie doing a wonderful job
- Remember the floods very well. My parents basement was 2 feet deep in water. What a mess.
- Would have been a great place to live. Down in the ball park. Except when spring came.
- Wow I remember one flood (1980) didn't have damage in the house, but we vacated when water was close to coming in - behind Preston's store. House isn't there now but have good memories.
- Brings back a lot of great memories
- You do a fantastic job Bonnie ! Thanks for the memories 😍🙏
- Bobbing for apples? lol
Glen Park Flood
Leave a Reply.
Comments on the photos are memories from the citizens of Georgetown taken from our Facebook Group