- Looking at the way the little girls are dressed, I’d guess 1958/9?
- THIS is old the house on the right is now a medical building
- The second one in on the right I think is Jimmy Valantine.
- Leading I believe is Chuck Tyler...also I see Bill Hyde , Chuck Hill , Red Roshier ......oh and Dave Williams , Trevor Williams
- 2nd on right is Jimmy Vale time, 4th is Chuck Hill, so I’d put this photo’s date somewhere in the mid to late 70s. Jimmy looks to be in his 50s (He’d have turned 104 in July).
- Yes it is my brother-in-law Jimmy Valentine.
- His Birthday is June 30 th
- Jimmy Valantine was born June 30, 1915- Died August 20-2016 he would have been 103 this past June.
- Thanks Millie. I thought he was only 1 year younger than my mother.
- My son Terry and I were down to St. Georges Church on Nov 4th to light a Candle and it was also Ruth's Birthday. It was a very nice Service and it was so nice to see Rev Park.
- The row by the side of the road, left, the 7th one is my grandfather, George Chaplin. In the opposite row, 6th is Walt Richarson, 7th Paddy Woods. I have this picture. It was taken in the late fifties early sixties. I will have to look up the exact date. FYI Paddy Woods played Santa Clause at the fire hall. Bob Bonfield is in the picture too. I bought his wife's angle food cake at the fire hall bake sale for the large sum of $1. Memories of orange crush and a bag of chips, Santa coming with our presents, Santa Claus parade and the firemen handing out bags of Christmas candy and last but not least, the Firemens' Ball.
- Georgetown Fire Department, long before Halton Hills was in any ones vocabulary!!!!!
- Bob's Dad Front Right hand side.
- 2 behind George is my Uncle Clarence Spence or Cy as everyone called him
- Do see Grandpa Chuck leading the March?
- Yes spotted him right away.
HHFD March on Mill Street
Leave a Reply.
Comments on the photos are memories from the citizens of Georgetown taken from our Facebook Group