-Remember the bake shop in the second little building on the left
- Is that Sykes bakery on the left ?
-Was Sykes not the one in the corner of the Legion building?
-I thought so, and in later years it was on the Main Street.
-THE first little one was a taxie shop JACK MORROW ran it
-I REMEMBER LIVINGSTONE had the bake shop
-Yes they did Bud.
-TALLEST on the right had a light bulb that went on when some one called the cops/cops never had radios they would see the light on and then go to the station on the lower floor
- Looks like the fifties !!
- I remember the taxi office being in the first little building. Just barely. I was very small when we would take the taxi home after a day downtown. So I would say late 50s or so
-Fred Maveals White Rose Garage on right
-Yes Livingstons (was it called the Scottish bakery) ? Next to the Taxi place. Downstairs in the next brick building (at the side) the best Easter decorated chocolate eggs and Easter bunnies. Caderos ?
And Silvers. Yaaaaa.
- Livingston Bakery made the best icing on birthday cakes EVER.
-I love the cars and of course the whole picture.
-Also in Cadero's Building was a Pet Shop at one time & Huffy's Barber Shop. He did make the Best Easter Chocolates Gloria.
-my dad took over huffys barber shop in 1960
-we lived there in the 50[s. Huffy boarded with us for a bit.
-Building on left window with curtain open was mine and Brother Eion's bedroom. This picture is before that time mid sixties.
- 50s we think.
- More like late 50's, I remember this scene well, I was about 8 or 9 at the time
-we moved there there about 59 or 60,
it was like that then
they changed it shortly after that, to no angle parking,
we lived upstairs in the first brick building on the left,
he had a chocolate factory in the back of the building
my dad had a barbershop in the front for a few years, Wright's,
before moving around the corner to James street
-Ma's on the left.Some of the vehicles are late 40's.Looks like the old mans tow truck on the right.
-love it and remember so well!
-The best chocolate factory!
- Maveal’s White Rose on the right
-Thought that was a bakery on the left
- Livingston's Bakery was there. I was born in 1953 and remember the old town.
- He moved when that building burned down. Before my time
-One of the smaller buildings was a fish and chip place.
-I remember shopping at that "Silvers" store.
- My guess is early to mid-50s by the look of the models of the cars......where are all our car officiados?
-The truck in the foreground is from the 1940's, and I believe there is what looks like a small and older bus in the background...I would estimate the pic to be around 1958-59? That would place some of the cars at a year or two old.
- Silvers clothing store left
-Used to be an ally beside Silvers Singers on the other side. Wades restaurant beside Singers. The Joes Tuck Shop
-Early 1950’s by the look of the cars
- Bell taxi on the left Jim Bell
-there was also a chocolate shop in behind
-yes, lived upstairs from there, in the apartment,
my dad had a barber shop (Wrights) downstairs till he moved around the corner on James,
-oh I remember nice to chat with someone who remembers the choc, shop ,my Dad used to buy choc,there all the time for my Mom ! And great big Choc, Bunnies solid Lol
-yes, used to get a few free chocolates ;-)
was one of the places I'd visit during my day ;-)