- Had the store where the Copper Kettle is now great man
- I grew up and went to the Glen School. We go to the current restaurant and have spoken with the owners and staff.When they refinished the floors, they found Harold Wheelers foot prints in the floor boards and they preserved them....it was so serial to see them.
- I was born in the glen two doors up from the store Schenks old house lol
- ....Harold's foot prints are preserved in the floor boards where he always stood. We go there quite often.
- ..I did not live in the Glen , grew up on the 9th line and had to walk to school. Mr. McKeown was the principle. Loved him .
- Wheelers was the best they carried everything
- Remember him well —Mr. Wheeler and my Dad taught me my first big lesson in life—Thou shall not steal —I was six and boy do I remember lol
- By the way I did not steal from the store but I took a quarter from home that was meant for the milkman and what I bought at the store was returned by me and my Dad and I had to tell Mr. Wheeler what I did and that we needed the money for milk —lesson learned
- Let me tell you he is still there I had the copper kettle for 30 years me and my family saw him all the time x
- He is part of the store now
- Awww fond memories of Harold and Nan Wheeler in the store 🙂 I wouldn't doubt that he has not left the store his stomping grounds 🙂
- When I was little I used to play in front of the store ,mr wheeler would call my Mom and tell her I'm at the bottom of the hill ,lol
- I remember the store very well.
- Thank you from the wheeler family ,for all you're best memories
- .Was reading through the comments to see if you had seen this posting :)
- Guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree eh
- Do you have any ideal of the date when that photo was taken? I would really be interested. Thank you.
- I'm pretty sure that was taken in 1969
- Thank you..as a child from immigrant parents, he was such a nice man to all the kids that went there, Many times I didn't have money as my friends did, he also made sure you were not left out. I remember the 5 cent bag of chips.
- THIS man is HAROLD WHEELER is store is now THE COPPER KETTLE
- He was the nicest man!
- He was a great fellow , good with kids from the Glen !
- Always gave us a chocolate bar on our Birthday .
- Always got a piece of candy from Harold
- Always bought my hockey skates and sticks from Harold
- Went to his store all the time as a child living in the Glen. Brings back so many memories!
- Loved Mr Wheeler even when he gave Julie a black liquorice when she had pink on right
- Last stop every Friday night after delivering our eggs..What a gentle and lovely man
- Harold was always so good to us and our children. Always felt at home in his store and when picking up the Mail. He is dearly missed but everyone.
- My wife’s grandfather - Harm Koeslag, a Dutch immigrant, lived in the Glen had so many great things to say about this man. He allowed this immigrant family to buy a freezer on credit. Harm spoke about this often. He made sure to never miss a payment because of Mr. Wheeler’s generosity and trust.
Thanks for sharing
- Love this man like an uncle, he knew us all by name it was sooo cool.
- My parents, Dutch immigrants and first home in the Glen. Wheelers general store was a big help to them getting started. A bus stop for me when going to high school - always warm and welcoming.
- An awesome man :)
- Harold was the kindest person that i have ever met. Played hockey with Marty and spent a lot of time at the Wheelers home.
- I remember that store.
- Great man
- Wow Mr. Wheeler! Love it
- Always so friendly.
- Wheelers general store - I have a yard stick with their store name on it
- One of the nicest men ever and so very generous to the kids who went into the store!
- On the first day of school, he gave me a box of "sweet heart" candy.
- I loved Harold...he was the kindest man who loved to give out penny candy! Every kid in the Glen school took their report cards to Harold before they even showed their parents!
- One of the nicest person I ever met
- Harold & Nan were both great people
- we would go there all the time Loved Harold & Nan best store ever
- Omg this sure does bring back awesome memories💞
Wheeler's Store - Glen Williams
3/5/2019 02:41:49 pm
P. O. Box 42
Leave a Reply.
Comments on the photos are memories from the citizens of Georgetown taken from our Facebook Group